Thursday, August 13, 2015

Grayson Highlands

Jackie Simmons
Itinerant Teacher Preschool –High School
Hearing Impaired Students
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
TTEC 2015 Cohort

That’s me on the left and my friend, Elizabeth on the right

Grayson Highlands
I am super excited to be part of program where I can pair my passion with a purpose. I have a great love of almost any outdoor activity, but my real passion is hiking, whether it be a day hike or a backpacking trip. I have hiked in France, Italy, Switzerland, Japan, Dominica, The Tetons and Yellowstone. And…yes, several sections of the Appalchian Trail where I have had such memorable adventures which are directly connected to the culture and people of the trail. It is a community of very diverse people, those who are seeking, in transition, and those who are simply using their passion to grow and redefine themselves.


I am excited to hopefully partner with my friend Elizabeth, who has successfully integrated a yoga club as an extra curricular in one of our local high schools. How great would it be to offer Yoga Hiking alongside educating high school students in hiking principles, the Appalachian Trail and the opportunity to experience hiking. I look forward to brainstorming and planning at the summer conference as a way to bring the Appalachian Trail to our beautiful coastal community.


No comments:

North Carolina NCCAT participants

North Carolina NCCAT participants
At the Wayah Bald Fire Tower

Mary Jane

Mary Jane
On top of Silers Bald